Thursday, June 11, 2015

How Media influence people

Welcome back to my blog...... Today I will talk about the news that I have read where I think it's a good reflection of our thought toward society. so please have a look!

The article was about the banned of an “unhealthy, underweight” model from Yves Saint Laurent (YSL) advertisement in U.K, where the photo presented a woman with rib cage appeared visibly as well as her thighs and legs are very (or I would say extremely) thin. as per below picture. An advert using underweight model have changed the image of true beauty and lead to become a norm in U.K. In consequence, the number of  the eating disorder is increasing dramatically in the last three years. Whilst the advert was received different kinds of complaints but it seems that the YSL has no action or comment on that. Therefore, it makes more complains about their irresponsibility toward society. At the same time there is the charity Anorexia and Bulimia Care (ABC) said the media on vulnerable young people can act as a dangerous catalyst.”. and then ruled that any advert must not appear or release in the same form in order to prevent this issue.

This is showing that the power of media through people is a serious issue, especially to teenagers who are tend to follow the trend without thinking or re-considered before imitate it. Once read this I realised that before we believe something we have read or heard about we should re-consider; make sure its accuracy and no harm to ourselves or others.

PS. I found that skinny ladies (like this model) are not attractive, I personally like curve shape where women look more (real) feminine .... I'm not sure if this a kind of Bias? but let me hear your thought though.


No comments:

Post a Comment